Sunday, January 1, 2012

A birthday-graduation-holiday-blog

I have neglected this blog for far too long!

So much has happened, each event deserving of it's own blog entry, but for now I have to get them all out in one.

For starters, my baby girl turned 10! Double digits! It was a big deal!

For her birthday, we redid her whole room (pictures and blog to come), and also threw her a huge birthday party with a 9-girl-sleepover that followed. She was thrilled :)



Some of Jordan's birthday crew


JoJo and Miki-Bean

Synchronized swimming :)











9 girls came for a slumber party!!



Graduation!

On December 9th, I graduated from LSC...with a 4.0! Woohoo!!

Although I was excited to graduate, I woke up that morning feeling a little sorry for myself. I have had many supporters throughout this journey, and four of my most devoted supporters who cheered me on, gave me pep talks and encouraged and inspired me were thousands of miles away and unable to be with me on my day...or so I thought!!

My Mom, Step-dad, Uncle Sam, and Auntie Kim flew in from Arizona and surprised me! I was so surprised, felt so loved, and am still so overwhelmed with gratitude!

I am so very thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life.
I am a lucky girl!




Proud parents!

Kyle and Levi






Me and Rhonda, my advisor and also one of my favorite professors. I am grateful for her guidance.

Me and Meri, another favorite professor. She inspires me!!
Me and Peggy, another favorite professor...and also an inspiration.

My Mom and Auntie Kim. Sweet and beautiful.

My poor baby girl was so sick, but she was a trooper and refused to miss my graduation. Such a sweety.





Yet another surprise...

What a special surprise that my Uncle Sam, an LSC Distinguished Alum, spoke at my graduation. It was beautiful.




Listening to his speech...


Kyle, my Momma, and me...she's proud of me :)



Mom and Ervin. So lucky to have them in my life :)











The next pictures are of my graduation dinner party. My sweet husband arranged such a beautiful night. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so much love...










My best friend. His love and support are indescribable. I am so grateful...











 The next bunch of pictures are of Christmas eve...I am so very grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life!




Grampa Mitchell's strong, worked, 80-something year old hands...beautiful.



Cousin Dale and his son David.

Kurt captured this amazing picture.

Chores with Great-Grampa on Christmas Eve.


Cousins! Reunited!

We spent our childhood together. So many fond memories. We were like sisters!


JoJo chatting with Grampa...


Grammy Mitchell and her girls...


Christmas Eve with Grammy and Grampa Daniels...




So much LOVE. Poor Kurt isn't in any of the pics because he took them all...


Grammy and "her Angel"...a title I will never tire of.
You are right Grammy..."Life is good"

My sweet, silly, spunky, wild, witty, creative, big-hearted girl.


My handsome, compassionate, kind-hearted, sweet-natured, hopeful, energetic, loving boy.


I am so very blessed. I have everything I've ever wanted and more.

2 comments:

  1. You must have been a very good girl to get everything you have ever wanted and more! :) And you definitely have it all.And I am so happy that you acknowledge that. So much gets taken for granted these days. Love your journey! And yes, your Mom is very proud of you. What a wonderful, inspiring, fun and love filled weekend your graduation was. Congratulations my girl! So many friends and family share my sentiments. Right from the start when you set your goals and then when you went over and above to achieve....with a 4.0 at that!! You go girl! "Go Big or Go Home!" You went big and we came home to help you celebrate!So thankful to be a part of your special day!

    Wow! You seriously captured Christmas Eve with pictures! Wish we could have been there. Brought back lots of wonderful memories. You have some amazing pics. love the one of Grampa's hands and also the profile with he and Kyle. Fabulous. And very touching picture of Gram and Gramp Daniels. So thankful for these memories this Christmas. And yes, you are her "Angel" and you certainly are entitled to that!Thank you!

    I can't believe Jordan is ten years old. They have both grown to be such loving, kind, caring, sensitive and fun young people! You and Kurt should be very proud of all you have done to raise and nurture their little hearts, minds and souls.Each with their own unique and wonderful personalities. They have amazing role models in the two of you and they will embrace that and be all they can be and more. They have their Mom and Dad in their corners and they are very lucky.
    Love you all. Thanks for the memories. And THANK YOU for finally blogging!!! Not like you have had classes, work,homework, little people and everyday life to deal with on the side. Tee Hee! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen you are a rock star! You inspire me to go after my dreams. I love the pics of the girls....what a wonderful group of friends they have. We'll have to chat soon and I need your email to invite you to my blog ( I changed some things around on it)
    Have a wonderful vac! You sooo deserve it!

    ReplyDelete