Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inspiration

I am often inspired, uplifted, motivated, moved, and ultimately changed by the words of others. Whenever I hear a quote that I find particularly relevant or moving, I write it down...anywhere. I have quotes on the back of receipts, on post it notes etc. and I’ve always intended to keep a journal and collect them there or even to have a separate quote journal…but the whole journal thing is just not working out for me which was part of the reason for starting this blog…so yay…I will record them here!!

Here are some of my favorites:

Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of its trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse for impossibility for it thinks all things are lawful for itself and all things are possible.
~Thomas Kemp


The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.
~ Ben Okri

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~T.H. Thompson and John Watson


There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love.
~Washington Irving



Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Gandhi


There are many many more, but right now Kyle & Jo are waiting for me to join them in some Sunday morning family time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment